Each gm contains:
- Levofloxacin Hemihydrate: 100 mg
- Excepients: Q.S.
Levofloxacin is a broad-spectrum Antibiotic of the fluoroquinolone drug class, Its spectrum of activity includes Gram negative bacteria (Escherichia coli, Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Moraxella catarrhalis, Proteus mirabilis, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa), Gram positive Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Enterococcus faecalis), and atypical bacterial pathogens (Chlamydophila pneumoniae and Mycoplasma pneumoniae).
It functions by inhibiting the two types topoisomerase enzyme,
- DNA gyrase, on the other hand, is responsible for supercoiling the DNA, so that it will fit in the newly formed cells.
- Topoisomerase IV. is necessary to separate DNA that has been replicated (doubled) prior to bacterial cell division. With the DNA not being separated, the process is stopped, and the bacterium cannot divide.
Thus, levofloxacin acts as a bactericide.
Effective against wide range of Gram +ve & Gram –ve organism & Mycoplasma . Thus effective against systemic infection like CRD. Colisepticaemia, Salmonellosis, Infectious Coryza, Fowl cholera, Nacrotic enteritis, Dermatitis and non specific infections etc.
- Prevention : 2-4 Gm / 10 liters of drinking water for 3-5 days .
- Treatment : 4-8 gm /10 liters of drinking water for 3-5 days or As recommended by veterinarian.
4-8 gm /10 liters of drinking water
2-4 gm / 10 liters of drinking water